The US-based Adventure Cycling Association ( http://www.adventurecycling.org
)has released a special free issue of their Adventure Cyclist
magazine in PDF format, here:http://www.adventurecycling.org/downloads/AC_Sample_Issue.pdf
I starts out filled with advertisements, but then follows with some interesting articles...
- Touring the American Southwest (Texas)
- Traveling in Cuba
- An article about moving from utility cycling to touring
- An historical retrospective on touring Oregon's McKenzie Pass <-- In my immediate corner of the world
- General touring tips and an equipment list
- A Jan Heine "light" overview of current bicycle lighting options
- Suggestions for what to eat on-tour
- various other articles, retrospectives, tips, a board for ride-partnering, and some pretty pictures.
I was disappointed at the lack of "hard" content; everything seems a bit glossy, light, and breezy compared to other e-zines on the market, especially in the more technical aspects. Still, it is nice to have a free preview of the magazine and it was a quick, fun read with lots of pictures; "pitt
-sures!" (as the little boy down the street gleefully calls them) are always a hit.